About the role
Academy Music Group, part of Live Nation Entertainment run an apprenticeship programme which aims to offer an alternative route for people into employment. The Apprenticeship offers on the job training and onsite assessment by an approved apprenticeship training provider, earning a nationally recognised qualification at the end of the Apprenticeship.
We’re looking for an Event Apprentice to join O2 Academy Brixton for an 18 month placement. As an Apprentice you will assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue
Academy Music Group is the UK’s leading owner and operator of nationwide live music and club venues and forms part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world’s leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
- Assisting general administration
- Assisting in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue.
- Duty Manager duties
- Academy Event repping
- Booking local support acts for Academy Events and external promoters and promoting some in-house shows with General Manager’s approval.
- Minimum of 5 A* to C GCSE’s (including Maths, English).
- Demonstrable aptitude for detailed work;
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure
- Exceptional organisation skills and administrative skills
- Due to the nature of our industry this isn’t a 9-5 job! This role will involve regular early morning & late night work including weekends.
- The educational aspect of the apprenticeship is compulsory. Non-attendance or lack of effort in the learning aspect will not be tolerated.
- An ability to adapt and think on your feet will be required.
- The role will incorporate working a range of events from international touring acts to weekly student club nights.
The successful candidate will participate in workplace activities over the duration of the Apprenticeship and will be assessed at regular intervals by an external Assessor to ensure the qualification is achieved.
Please apply here.